We all know those people who are always early to work and the other type who are always coming in the back door to hide that they’re late.
How often do you come into work late?
Careerbuilder says for 29% of people, it happens at least once a month.
Sure, there are lots of “typical” excuses people use… my alarm didn’t go off, I got stuck in traffic, I wasn’t feeling well… etc.
But what about the more interesting excuses?
Here’s a list from Careerbuilder of some of the most outrageous excuses people actually used for why they were late to work last year…
- I forgot it wasn’t the weekend.
- I put petroleum jelly in my eyes.
- I had to watch a soccer game that was being played in Europe.
- I thought Flag Day was a legal holiday.
- My pet turtle needed to visit the exotic animal clinic.
- The wind blew the deck off my house.
- I overslept because my kids changed all the clocks in the house.
- I was cornered by a moose.
- My mother locked me in the closet.
- The pizza I ordered was late being delivered, and I had to be home to accept/pay for it.
- The sunrise was so beautiful that I had to stop and take it in.
- My mother-in-law wouldn’t stop talking.
- My dad offered to make me a grilled cheese sandwich, and I couldn’t say no