It’s a day for hockey fans to rejoice – the NHL regular season starts tonight!
For anyone new to the hockey world, I’ve been there. If you don’t know what you’re talking about, here’s some advice: don’t say anything at all.
Canadian hockey fans are a wonderful breed of people. They’re enthusiastic and passionate! It’s because of this, they have very little tolerance for ignorance to their sport.
Here are the top 10 things not to say at an NHL game…
1) When is tip off?
2) I can’t see the puck, where is it?
3) Why is the ref letting him push the other guy into the boards?
4) I’m bored. Why isn’t anyone scoring?
5) Isn’t “offside” a football thing?
6) How many quarters are there?
7) Why are they stopping the game to let them fight?
8(a) Why is he wearing a “C”?
8(b) Does the “A” mean he’s the assistant?
9) When’s halftime?
10) GO LEAFS GO!
At least, I’m told I shouldn’t be saying that. But I do anyway.