A report was released today that shows 7 different factors that led to the hydro poles collapse on John Counter Boulevard back on June 17th.
- An electric service wire to a commercial customer was hit two days prior to the pole-line collapse, likely inducing tension pull on the poles.
- Machinery from construction activity in the vicinity may have come in contact with poles.
- The base of Pole #3284 was exposed due to excavation.
- The anchor to Pole #3226, at the west end of the pole line, pulled from the ground.
- Pole #3280 was set to an insufficient depth when originally installed.
- A third-party communications cable added to the pole line contributed stress and load.
- Deterioration of poles due to age and insects.
To read more on this story, click HERE.