We’ve all heard of celebrities who give their babies one-of-a-kind names like Bronx Mowgli (son of Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz) or Pilot Inspektor (son of Jason Lee and Beth Riesgraf), but apparently strange baby names aren’t unique to the rich and famous.
A recent Reddit thread asked people to share the most “ridiculous” baby names they’ve heard a person give to their child, and some are pretty out there.
Among the revelations:
- “My cousin’s best friend is named Ody which I thought was random until I found out his full name was Odysseus. At first I thought it was ridiculous but I am sort of jealous,” wrote one poster.
- One user said an employee at a supermarket was named “Labea,” although it was pronounced “Luh-BEE-uh”
- Anakin, after the character in “Star Wars,” while other posters shared names like Latrine (another name for a toilet), Patience (after a Guns n’ Roses song) and Smaug (the dragon from “The Hobbit”).
- Then there were the unique spellings like, Yolavyiah, pronounced Olivia, Quistina, a form of Christina, and Qourtnee (pronounced Courtney). Then there was the kid named Honasty, which is supposed to be pronounced Honesty, but when mispronounced is really bad.
- One person said a former classmate with the married last name Bridges, named their kid Londyn.
- Other bizarre names included Alucard for a boy (Dracula spelled backwards), two boys named Merlin and Daquiri, a boy named Lightning, and twins Vodka and Orange.
- There was also a couple of astronomers who named their three daughrers Galaxy, Neptune and Uranus, as if there wasn’t a better planet for the last one.
Source: The Daily Mail