Australia is crawling with death. Literally. Everything in that country will kill you. Whether it’s bugs, snakes, crocs…Australia has it all. But people still need to live, so I guess they are forced to open their doors and step into a near death experience as they head to work and begin their day.
Last week, that’s what a 21-year-old guy did. He went to work on a building site and started his day of living life on the edge. As expected, at some point in the day – nature called and he needed to use a portable toilet. While he was doing his thing, a very poisonous redback spider – which is closely related to a black widow – bit the guy right on the ‘you know what’.
The spider’s bite causes severe pain, sweating and nausea. But I’m thinking just SEEING a black and red spider on your salami causes severe pain, sweating and nausea. Well, the guy was rushed to the hospital and treated with antivenom. Other than the nightmares this man is going to have for the rest of his life, the story has a happy ending. Doctors saved his life, saved his lollypop and were able to discharge him from the hospital in stable condition.
Hearing stories like this must make you wonder, “Why do people go camping? Why risk getting bitten on the banana by anything?”