From a thumping headache to an argument you wish you hadn’t had, the morning after a night of boozing has never exactly been short of regrets.
Now there’s a new one to add to the list of hangover woes – spending a small fortune on the internet. One in four of us has shopped online while we were drunk. The most common purchase made under the influence are concert tickets, unsuitable clothes and even toys – and not the type of toys the kids play with.
40% of us have regretted what we decided to buy after a few pints. Some of the oddest buys included a pair of fake teeth and a 1930s men’s bathing suit. Women were the most likely to impulse buy online. Almost half regretted what they had bought, compared with one third of men.
Ever bought something online when you were drunk? Here’s what some people have said that they bought after a drunk fest:
• After an evening of drinking I started looking at vehicles on e-bay. My search bought up an ex-military ambulance which had no bids and very little time to go so, for a laugh, I bid £1000 for it. No one else placed a bid and I became the proud owner of an ambulance.
• I bought some luxury nightwear after a few glasses of wine, totally forgot about it but was pleasantly surprised when it turned up at the door, it was almost like receiving a gift from a mystery admirer ! lol
• A single grape. Cashier wanted 25 cents for it.
• I once bought drinks for the entire bar I was in. I basically mugged myself that night.
• Welding goggles.
• I am the king of random booze related purchases I once bought – A 7 foot rubber plant and – A ‘Barbie’ lunch box